Architectural and decorative coatings
When you evaluate the raw materials for your formulated products, Arkema Coating Resins offers a wide range of technology platforms to meet your exact requirements.
Our resins are can be formulated to help achieve your coating objectives across a number of decorative applications, inluding:
- exterior trim and wall
- interior trim and wall
Our extensive range of polymer types makes it possible to acheive the best balance of of performance and cost.
Celocor® opaque polymer
Celocor® opaque polymer is a highly efficient, voided latex product that improves hiding and whiteness in paints and coatings, and functions as a partial replacement for titanium dioxide (TiO2).
Encor® vinylic, styrene-acrylic and 100% acrylic emulsions are based on APEO-free surfactants. A pure acrylic backbone imparts high UV resistance and non-yellowing properties. Using special monomers and technologies, acrylics can also be designed to achieve a high level of performance, including wet adhesion and stain-blocking resistance, for demanding applications such as isolating wall and wood coatings, primers and decorative topcoats.
SNAP® structured nano-acrylic polymers
With new SNAP® technology, it is easy to reach both the necessary rheological profile to give excellent application properties and also enable excellent film formation at low or zero VOC.
- SNAP® 720, the original SNAP® binder, offers outstanding block resistance in low or zero VOC high-gloss coatings
- SNAP® 728 delivers high performance and wider formulating latitude compared to SNAP® 720 binder
- SNAP® 2785 offers a unique balance of properties – good block resistance, flexibility and fast property development
- SNAP® 2142 offers high gloss potential and good stain resistance
Synaqua® water-borne alkyds
The Synaqua® product line provides alkyd performance in a waterborne system. The products in this range can be formulated alone or in combination with specific Encor® or SNAP® polymers to impart alkyd properties into paints and varnishes.
- Synaqua® 4804 offers high gloss for interior applications.
- Synaqua® 4893 low foaming version adapted to combinations with SNAP® 2142 for high quality enamels.
- Synaqua® 6812 improves the adhesion and penetration of styrene-acrylic and vinylic wall paints and primers
Gelkyd® thixotropic alkyds
Polyamide modified alkyds that impart thixotropy into a wide range of decorative coatings. Gelkyd® products can be used in a range of formulations from non-drip to light creamy structures, in primers and full-gloss topcoats.
Super Gelkyd® thixotropic alkyds
Super Gelkyd® urethane and urea modified alkyds are resistant to polar additives and solvents. They are especially recommended for wood stain formulations.
We also manufacture a range of additional products for architectural coating applications:
- Chempol® polyester, alkyd and acrylic polymers
- Crayvalllac® rheology modifiers for non-aqueous coatings and adhesives
- Synolac® solvent based alkyd and modified alkyd resins
- Unithane® urethane alkyds and oils